Tuesday, June 25, 2013

BBQ Pulled Pork in Crock Pot

Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Made this about a week ago and it was delish! the boyfriend pretty much ate it all up in less then 24 hours so I know it was good. this was sooo easy to prep and coke anyone can do it.
So here is what you'll need:

  • Pork shoulder
  • BBQ sauce of your liking 
  • Garlic
  • Onion powder/salt
  • Cayenne pepper 
  • Pepper flakes
  • salt
  • pepper
  • Butter 
  • Cavender's(if you have it) 
  • Chicken Broth    
  • Parsley (if you have any not a main ingredient tho)          






1. First: Season your meat with a few shakes of all dry seasonings ( salt; pepper; Red pepper flakes; cayenne pepper; onion powder/salt; and Cavender's) about half a Tablespoon each and just give it a good coating








2 Searing: Next I heat up my stove and use a large flat pan so I can sear my meat and get those flavors in the meat! use about a tablespoon of butter and anywhere from 1-2 TBsp of Garlic. ( I love garlic so I use more, you can always use less)
 (note: you can obviously use real garlic I just have a lifetime supply of this stuff)
                                                                  

 I had my heat on Medium high and seared each side for about 2-3 minutes enough to get a golden brown crust...

once it looks like my pictures I removed the meat from the heat and set it aside while I moved on to the crock pot.

3. Crockpot time: 
this is where it gets easy.
I poured about a third of the BBQ sauce into the bottom of the crockpot placed the Pork shoulder on top and then added about a cup of chicken broth and another 1/3-1/2 cup BBQ sauce , more Garlic, and some parsely!YUMM



4. cover and cook!
about 7 hours on LOW since I was at work I needed it to cook slower but on HIGH it takes about 4-5 hours.

when I opened the door to our house I was beyond excited because it smelled like a pork blessed heaven!




5. Pork pullin time!  
The meat should just fall off the bone once done. All you need is either your hands or 2 forks and just shred away until you get it all pulled apart. 

After I shredded all the pork I   used a big spoon and poured in a few scoops of the broth into the shredded pork to add more of that amazing flavor and keep it moist. (which it already very much so is.) 

After that it's ready to be devoured! add more BBQ sauce if you please.

 Enjoy














No comments:

Post a Comment